Faced with the problems of baldness, many men and women choose hair transplantation. This is a method of transplanting your hair follicles in the desired places to redraw the hair line and gain density. It is a cosmetic surgery that can give excellent results. So what is the best time to have a hair transplant? What are the benefits of this intervention?
What is hair transplantation?
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure aimed at re-implanting a patient’s hair follicles to restore more density. It is performed by a specialized surgeon and requires medical attention.
what is he talking about ?
In the case of baldness, hair loss leads to the absence of hair follicles in certain areas. For this reason, certain areas of the skull are more scattered than others. A problem that can affect the self-confidence of many patients. They can then decide to resort to a cosmetic surgery that allows them to redraw the capillary line that goes around the face, but also to restore density. This intervention is hair transplantation.
It is about taking the so-called grafts directly from the patient’s skull, from the areas where there is still hair, to transfer them to the areas affected by baldness. Once the intervention is performed, hair will grow back on the scattered area. Thus, the transplant process makes it possible to use one’s own hair, allowing for a more efficient transplantation and a completely natural result.
What are the methods used?
With regard to hair transplantation, there are several possible methods that can be adapted according to the needs of the patient. Medical advances in this field make it possible to apply ever more modern methods to obtain a more natural result and greater patient comfort. Among the most used methods are:
- FUT . method Follicular unit transplantation, which consists of taking a slice of the scalp from a healthy area and then dividing it into several follicular units that are re-implanted.
- FUE . method (Follicle extraction), which consists of removing the follicles one by one and then transferring them to the desired areas.
- DHI . method (Direct Hair Transplant) It is also a method of removing follicles and transplanting them one by one, but it also allows you to benefit from a high-precision syringe to reduce the duration of the grafts outside the body and avoid any incisions.
What is the cost of hair transplant?
The cost of hair transplantation in France can be quite high since the prices are often between 3000 and 9000 euros per intervention. Except in very rare cases, this cost is not covered by health insurance or supplementary health insurance at all since it is known as a plastic surgery intervention. So all costs are the responsibility of the patient. However, there are alternatives that can reduce costs.
When can a hair transplant be performed?
The question of when to perform a hair transplant can be central and really conditional on the success of the intervention. In absolute terms, there is no age limit for a hair transplant procedure, but certain criteria must be met:
- Sufficiently supplied donor area
- A recipient area that is not too large (severe alopecia)
It is also important to consider the risk of comorbidities as well as the reduction of blood vessels in the scalp with age. However, we prefer to wait for the baldness process to settle somewhat before being able to accommodate the area to be transplanted. It is not uncommon for the intervention to be recommended between the ages of 30 and 50. However, each patient is unique and therefore likely to have different needs.
In case of doubt, you can choose to consult a hair transplant surgeon from the beginning of the baldness process to benefit from his recommendations.
Advantages of hair transplantation in Turkey
Turkey is known as a true hair transplant specialist. There are many clinics on site that offer this type of intervention. Choosing to reside in Turkey for a hair transplant has many important advantages for patients:
- The presence of several specialized clinics allows you to benefit from real expertise and reduce waiting times
- Access to more attractive prices: the price of hair transplantation in Turkey ranges between 2000 euros and 4000 euros
- Complete care and support
- Chance to discover a new country
- The possibility of benefiting from the intervention fully
If Turkey’s first asset is the price of the interventions, the fact remains that one can benefit from an excellent quality hair transplant!