Whether you suffer from hair loss or just want to boost hair growth from a bad haircut, there is a surefire way to succeed. And the great thing is that we are not talking about expensive serums, but about one of the natural ingredients that everyone has at home: onions! It’s a staple in every kitchen, and for good reason, it’s packed with active compounds that give it its distinct taste. But that’s a reason why it’s used in cosmetic procedures, too. Here’s how you can boost hair growth using onion juice!
Why onion juice is useful for hair growth?
Yes, onions smell bad and make you cry, but it’s an affordable price you can pay for healthy, shiny hair. is not it ? If the photos and videos of people who have tried this natural method of growing their hair are not convincing enough, here are the results of the scientific research:
- Onion juice contains sulfur, which is essential for hair. It prevents it from thinning and breaking.
- In addition, it nourishes the hair follicles again thanks to the sulfur. The result of its use is renewed and healthy hair.
- If you apply the liquid by massaging the scalp, it will also increase blood circulation, which will promote hair growth.
- Onions are a vegetable rich in antioxidants that can help reverse premature graying of hair. Isn’t it amazing?
- And let’s not forget its antibacterial properties that protect your scalp from infection.
There are some herbs that grow hair from, but onions are probably the most effective. Lots of people have already tried the granny trick and what makes it so popular is that it really works. And as you read above, scientific research proves this as well. So this is what you have to do.
Take one to two red onions and peel them. This type appears to be the most effective for hair care. Once clean, cut them into pieces and blend them in a blender until smooth. Now, using the cheesecloth, filter the juice from the onion to remove any bits.
To enrich the home remedy and stimulate hair growth, you can add other natural ingredients to the fresh juice. Here are some ideas:
- 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey to soothe a dry, itchy scalp.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to add softness and strengthen hair.
- 5 teaspoons of coconut oil to moisturize and seal hair.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to reverse graying hair
This step is as simple as preparing a home remedy. You can put the juice in a spray bottle and apply it carefully to the scalp while massaging it in circular motions. Another way to do this is to use a cotton ball. Leave it for at least half an hour so that your scalp absorbs the beneficial ingredients of the onion. Then rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
For effective results, use onion juice once a week for a month. That’s a total of four times. According to research, after 6 weeks of using this home remedy, you will see more hair growth.
What precautions should be taken?
Onion allergy is rare but not excluded. So it is best to test the juice behind the ear before applying it to the entire scalp. Wait a few minutes and if the spot does not turn red and you do not feel any irritation, you can continue with the beauty ritual. Even if you are not allergic, you may have sensitive skin that may react negatively to onion juice. So don’t forget to test the patch.
As you already know, onions are very irritating to the eyes. So be careful when using it! If onion juice gets in your eyes, rinse them with cold water.