Regardless of age, a woman always wants to be beautiful and elegant! And as they get older, most of them make a drastic decision to switch to short hair. Fortunately, there are endless 50 year old short haircut ideas that you can choose from to embrace a modern look and pile on the latest trends. Sandra Bullock, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Fonda … Many stars have proven that even older ladies can sport short and elegant hairstyles. But what are the appropriate styles and colors to consider? The answers to these questions and many more are in the following paragraphs. Moreover, we have prepared a wonderful gallery of inspirational images for you.
Short Haircuts For Women 50: Pixie Cut
The short haircut for the 50-year-old woman offers many beautiful and elegant variations. However, if you wear long hair, be aware that significantly short hair will require maintenance every 4-6 weeks. And in this context, the Pixie cut is one of the easiest hairstyles to maintain and proves to be the ideal choice for all modern women over the age of 50. Need a hairstyle for fine hair? No problem ! Bringing volume to the man, Pixie is the perfect solution!
A pixie haircut with long bangs will help you hide problem areas as well as small wrinkles. In addition, the hairstyle of the “pony” type tends to elongate the face while smoothing its curves. Jamie Lee Curtis and Halle Berry, for example, are over 50 years old and proudly wear trendy hairstyles.
Yes, the good genie is probably the most popular and preferred short haircut for women over 50 by ladies of this age. Open to many interpretations, this gorgeous hairstyle will ensure you look refreshed while making you look a few years younger.
Classic Short Hairstyles For Women Over 50: The Timeless Bob Cut
The bob cut is a hair style that will never go out of style and is perfect for women 50 and over. It is not only the skin that changes with age, but also the hair. These become drier and finer and the first gray reflections appear. A short bob will bring more volume to your skin while giving it more vibrancy.
Long bob hairstyle suitable for all ages
Don’t want to cut your long hair completely? Don’t worry because we have the perfect solution! The long bob hairstyle is actually the most popular and beautiful short haircuts for 50 year old women 2019! One of the most famous models is actress model Jane Fonda who definitely looks amazing. If you are wondering what makes this hairstyle so popular, the answer is very simple. The long bob adapts to all face shapes and allows you to style your hair in different fashionable ways. Choose the “wavy” effect or make your hair completely smooth.
The Shag Haircut: The Short Haircut A 50-Year-Old Woman Should Consider
While the bob cut is unbeatable year after year, the Shag hairstyle is making a comeback in the hair world and promises to pimp your head straight. A cult look from the ’70s, worn by stars like Jane Fonda, Jennifer Aniston and Chrissy Hynd. The ‘Shag Haircut’ features tapered lengths of multiple layers, creating a shaggy-style rock effect.
Short haircuts for women at the age of 50: what are the favorite hairstyles?
As we have already indicated, the Pixie cut is the perfect short haircut for 50-year-old women! But what are the others? Therefore, it must first be clarified that fine hair requires a hairstyle that can create more volume. Since the hair tends to become thinner at the ends, it is advisable to prefer short haircuts.
Consider adopting the modern paper cut for a chic look or the so-called pony hairstyle that ends just above the eyebrows and looks very voluminous. By the way, Buzz Cut is another fashionable hairstyle that is suitable for fine hair that leaves no more than 9 mm of hair on the head. Therefore, it is a 50-year-old short haircut that is intended for very brave ladies.
What hairstyle for a 50-year-old woman with glasses?
When it comes to hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses, almost all cuts are suitable, but you still need to pay attention to some important details:
- Avoid curls – along with glasses, curls weigh down your face. So prefer light “beach waves” that will surely attract all eyes.
- It is also not recommended to cut the pony shape as it surrounds the face a lot. However, a side pony is allowed as it brings a pleasing effect to the look.
Hair care suitable for short hairstyles for women at the age of 50
It’s no secret that with age, hormonal changes in the body affect the hair, making it thinner and drier. So well-conditioned hair care will be essential! In this case, bet on shampoos and beauty products meant for mature hair. For example, collagen and hyaluronic acid are two very popular substances in skincare that can also work wonders on your skin. Moreover, argan oil is a natural remedy that contributes to beautiful healthy hair.
For a better enjoyment of hair and its full vitality, care from within also plays an important role. Here are some materials to consider:
- The zinc Very important for the immune system and makes hair stronger and healthier.
- The biotinVitamin B7, also known as vitamin B7, is involved in many metabolic processes in the body such as the conversion of carbohydrates, proteins, and fatty acids. In addition to adding luster and density to the hair, biotin is very beneficial for the skin and nails.
- The Panthenol It has anti-inflammatory properties and also acts as a hair conditioner. So it is the best choice for women over 50 who also suffer from itchy and dry scalp.
What color short hair for women 50 years old choose?
For most women, the first gray hair appears at the age of thirty-fivey birthday and so they decided to go into coloring mode. But what are the best shades?
- To hide gray hair and create a smooth transition, stylists advise choosing a bright blond tone.
- Warm shades of brown such as chestnut and caramel are especially suitable for fair-skinned women and give them a fresh and youthful look.
- What do you think of the short gray haircut for women over the age of fifty? A trendy color with bluish, silver or even pink, purple or turquoise shades, gray continues to delight us and really adapts to all ages.
Discover more inspiration for the 50 year old short haircut woman!